Friday, July 30, 2010

Davids resigns from Saru executive council.


Francois Davids, a member of the Executive Council of the South African Rugby Union (Saru), announced his decision to resign from his seat on the Council on Friday. Davids said he had decided to concentrate his attention on the Boland Rugby Union, of which he is president."When I was elected to the Executive Council, the Saru constitution required that I resign from the presidency of my union," said Davids. He also said "I have wrestled with that choice - whether to take up the seat on the Executive and resign from Boland, or to remain with my union."After much thought and prayer I have decided that I can make a greater impact in rugby in the Boland, which is one of the largest and most important development provinces in the country.""We have 132 senior clubs and 100 zonal clubs in the Boland that need support and are also at an exciting stage of the development of our professional team as we have just taken on an equity partner. For those reasons I have decided to resign my seat."An election will be held at the next General Council meeting in December to elect a replacement for Davids.

No comments:

Post a Comment